In this section
Section highlightHouses into homes This report details findings to emerge from the evaluation during the first six months of delivery (April to September 2012).
Written Statement - The Draft Control of Dogs (Wales) Bill »We are committed to ensuring that out-of-control and dangerous dogs are dealt with effectively.Learn more »
Minister tells NHS managers: "Listen to your staff and take action"
Health Minister Mark Drakeford has given a clear message to NHS managers to take action in response to the recent NHS Wales staff survey
- Minister supports International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- Porth Eirias set to be major North Wales attraction
- Minister tells NHS managers: "Listen to your staff and take action"
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
National minimum standards for regulated child care »These standards determine whether child minding and day care settings are providing adequate care for children under the age of 8.Learn more »
- Continuity and Change - Refreshing the Relationship between Welsh Government and the Third Sector in Wales
- Repealing air quality ‘Further Assessments’ from Part IV of the Environment Act 1995
- Equality Impact Assessment of the 2014-2020 Rural Development Plan for Wales
- Consultation on the Equality Impact Assessments for the 2014-2020 Structural Funds Programmes in Wales
- Development of a national standards and outcomes framework for Children and Young People's advocacy services in Wales
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Rural Development Plan for Wales 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Implementing the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Measure 2011
30 days left
In this section
Section highlightFurther and Higher Education (Governance and Information) (Wales) Bill 2013
Removes a number of technical restrictions and controls on colleges without changing the principal powers of colleges to provide further, higher and secondary education.
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2012-13 »
Proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2012-13, which was published on 26 June 2012.Learn more »
Research is fundamental to the work being done on community cohesion. Good research helps us understand what works and why it works. With this knowledge we can develop better ways of tackling the difficult issues present in Wales.
Our research is produced in three different ways, these are by:
- organisations receiving a grant from us to produce research based on topics they have proposed (New Ideas Fund)
- organisations commissioned and paid by us to produce research on topics we have defined (commissioned)
- employees of the Welsh Assembly Government (in-house).
This research aims to gather some statistical evidence of the services that faith communities provide to the wider communities of which they are a part. It focuses on the services faith communities offer to the wider community through their volunteers and their paid staff, and the premises they mak ...
This research examines the profile of risk and protective factors experienced by young people growing up in the various communities and local authorities in Wales. It aims to understand more fully where those differences originate and to establish what can be done to improve the risk and protection ...
This report aims to learn from current thinking and examples of good practice in joint working in Wales and elsewhere in the UK. In particular it looks at the arrangements in Cardiff for joint working to plan for housing inclusion, such as the Common Exclusion Policy and Exclusions Panel.
The Welsh Assembly Government commissioned a national evaluation of the effectiveness of the first round of community strategies in Wales entitled 'People, Plans and Partnerships: A National Evaluation of Community Strategies in Wales'.
Research identifying the most successful methods for resolving conflict among Black Minority Ethnic communities in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
The Welsh Assembly Government is keen to ensure all communities in Wales are listened to and engaged with.
As part of the research into the ‘Accommodation needs of Gypsy Travellers in Wales’, the Centre for Urban and Regional Studies (CURS) at the University Of Birmingham and Plus Property Solutions carried out a physical condition survey of 20 identified Gypsy-Traveller sites across Wales, to assess th ...
In December 2004 the Welsh Assembly Government commissioned the Centre for Urban and Regional Studies, University of Birmingham to carry out research on the accommodation needs of Gypsy-Travellers in Wales to inform policy development. The research arose from a series of recommendations in the Nati ...