In this section
Section highlightThe People’s NHS Part of an initiative to engage the public in creating a safe and sustainable health service for the future.
Spreading the word »Action on the ground to increase learning materials in the medium of Welsh.Learn more »
First Minister’s call for action on the Welsh language
People from across Wales with an interest in the Welsh language are being asked to take action on its future in a national online conversation.
- Local Government Democracy Bill approved
- Minister welcomes report which could change shape and structure of education delivery in Wales for the better
- First Minister’s call for action on the Welsh language
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
Welsh languageWelsh-language technology and digital media action plan
The action plan sets out our commitment to drive developments in the field of Welsh-language technology and digital media.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
The Strategy for Older People in Wales 2013-2023 »The 3rd phase focuses on ensuring that older people in Wales have the resources to deal with the challenges and opportunities they face.Learn more »
- A new vision for a National Youth Work Strategy
- The future delivery of education services in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 23 Economic Development
- Draft industrial and commercial sector plan
- Waste Prevention Programme
- Building Control system and Approved Document supporting regulation 7
Featured consultation »Improving access to substance misuse treatment for veterans
65 days left
In this section
Section highlightIndex of Planning Policy Guidance for Wales
Our land use planning policy guidance is set out in two core documents, "Planning Policy Wales" and "Minerals Planning Policy Wales".
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
Infrastructure Investment Case Studies »
Examples of infrastructure investment projects funded by the Welsh Government across Wales.Learn more »
Libraries Inspire: The strategic development framework for Welsh libraries 2012-16
Public, educational, and workplace libraries, are at the heart of their communities. The very reason for their existence is to inspire and assist people to make a positive difference to their lives. Libraries contribute to the social, educational, cultural and economic wellbeing of the people of Wales.
This strategy describes how we will maintain and develop new innovative services to meet the needs of the people of Wales over the next 5 years. To do this, we need to work with all types of libraries and their parent bodies, and other relevant organisations.
The priorities of the strategy are:
- Working together to review current models of service delivery in response to the current economic climate, and develop new innovative models of delivery
- Developing partnership working in procuring and improving access to resources, including new online services such as e-books
- Modernising public library buildings to meet the changing needs of their users
- Maximising the contribution of libraries in developing people’s skills to help everyone reach their potential, reduce inequality, and improve economic and social well-being
- Investing in developing the skills of library staff
- Implementing a co-ordinated audience development programme across Wales to enrich the lives of individuals and communities
- Ensuring the provision of a high quality service through initiatives such as the Welsh Public Library Standards.
The Delivery Plan outlines specific actions and targets relating to deliver the priorities in each section of the strategy. It is a dynamic document and will be revised to reflect new priorities which arise during the duration of the Framework. It will also provide an opportunity to highlight the work carried out by the library sector.